6000 lbs Gear Tilt Weld Positioner Description
The 2PT-300 is the lower to mid-range gear tilting welding positioner of the LJ welding positioner series. It can support up to 6,000 lbs. of weight at 0” overhung load. For a 12” overhung load, it can support up to 4,570 lbs. The 2PT-300 has a footprint of 64”x48”x35” to fit on your shop floor.
LJ’s 2PT-300 enables rotation, lifting and tilting of a workpiece for welding. On rotation, the workpiece can be rotated at consistent speeds, ranging from 0.1 to 2.2 rotations per minute (RPM). The rotation speed can also be customized to your shop’s specific requirements.
With a tilting torque of 80,000 in-lbs. you can tilt your workpiece up to an angle of 135° in 25 seconds with ease. Its turning torque power of 40,000 lbs. ensures shop floor safety and long-term equipment durability while working on heavy welding parts.
This gear tilt positioner has 5 different height adjustments. You can work at a height as low as 30” center height all the way to 50”. If you require custom height adjustment settings, your 2PT-300 can be engineered to your job specifications. This positioner has a standard power input of 480V, 3-ph. Custom power input features are also available.
Gear Tilt Welding Positioner Accessories
The 2PT-300 gear tilting weld positioner also offers several optional accessories that will make your welding process more seamless and customized to your shop.
These options include a forward reverse motion foot switch for hands free operation. Variable speed, forward reverse foot switches are also available.
Bidirectional hand pendant with or without a digital readout is also available. They have Start, Stop, Forward and Reverse functionality. They are ergonomic and easy to use. Wireless hand pendant option is now available.
Foot switch and hand pendants come with 25 ft cable and 4-pin metal plugs.
HMI panels are recommended for fully integrated gear tilt welding cells that are synchronized with welding manipulators or welding robots.
Other accessories include grippers and chuck up to 60” OD, as well as modified or custom fixtures and outboard roller support stands.
2PT-300 Functional Benefits:
- With a load capacity of 6,000 lbs., the equipment best suits industrial fabrication shops.
- Allows you to tilt, rotate and lift workpiece at consistent speeds.
- The rotation and tilting speeds can be varied according to your preferences.
- Features up to five different height adjustment levels. This enables the lifting of heavy workpieces to desired heights.
- Strong tilting torque allows for heavy workpiece to be tilted up to 135° in 25 seconds.
- Firm and sturdy workpiece grip supported when doing welding processes.
- Optional accessories featured include HMI touchscreen for control, hand pendant with digital readout, foot switch pedal among others.
Looking to rent or lease a pipe welding positioner?
LJ Welding's engineering department provides a progressive approach to solving the unique problems that inevitably arise in our industry, resulting in efficient design, fabrication and timely delivery of custom equipment.