12P-900: 12” Portable floor model benchtop pipe welding positioner
The 12P-900 is a sturdy 12” outer diameter (OD) portable floor model bench top welding positioner. It’s built to suit making of cylindrical welding items such as pipe fittings and exhaust components. This positioner is ideal for spooling fabrication of lighter weldments.
With a load weight capacity of 1,000 lbs. at the chuck face, 12P-900 best suits lighter weight welding tasks. It offers both rotation and tilt of workpieces. Consistent rotation speed is made possible through its powerful 3,000 in-lbs. turning torque. It offers a flawless variable rotation speed ranging from 0.5 to 5 rotations per minute (RPM).
Its 12” OD turntable is compatible with a 12” chuck. The table also has concentric grooves to ease central positioning of the workpiece. The portable pipe turning positioner has a custom tilt range to suit your own needs. Easily change the tilt or rotation to provide the optimum angles for welding.
The 12P-900 runs on a standard 110V, 1-ph power input. It has a standard 800Amp ground capacity. Custom ground capacities of 200Amp, 400Amp and 1500Amp made available on request.
The 12P-900 has a several accessories that can be added for improved performance and efficiency. For added convenience, the scissor lift cart add-on is popular for its ability to conveniently move the positioner and its load (up to 1,600 lbs capacity) safely through your shop. Additionally, pipe stands, roller stands and tripod stands are commonly paired and frequently purchased together with the 12P-900 portable welding positioner.
The 12” OD chucks and grippers are common positioning fixtures used to safely lock in the workpiece prior to operation. Elbow jigs are ideal for welding of elbow pipe, making it safer, faster and your shop more productive.
A standard foot pedal with a forward/reverse control is a common add-on, and the speed controlled foot pedal allows for optimum hands-free operation experience. The portable welding positioner can be modified to have an HMI touchscreen that can be fully integration to an L J welding manipulator or welding robot.
12P-900 Portable Pipe Welding Positioner Practical Benefits
- Load capacity of 1000 lbs. load at chuck face. This makes it ideal for lighter duty fabrication works.
- Offers consistent rotation speed range of 0.5 – 5RPM.
- Turning torque of 3,000 in-lbs.
- 12” OD turntable with 12” chuck compatibility.
- 3/8” hollow spindle with c/w air purge fitting.
- Ergonomic height adjustable roller cart.
- Wide range of operation. Has a hand crank self-locking worm gear tilt feature with 5°-105° c/w angle gauge range.
- Accessories: variable speed option of foot pedal with forward/reverse control. There are also HMI touchscreen, elbow jig fixtures and outboard pipe roller stands.
- Standard 800Amp ground capacity.
Looking to rent or lease a benchtop pipe weld positioner?
LJ Welding's engineering department provides a progressive approach to solving the unique problems that inevitably arise in our industry, resulting in efficient design, fabrication and timely delivery of custom equipment.